D E T R O I T P U B L I C S C H O O L S
WARREN E. BOW ELEMENTARY / MIDDLE SCHOOL
19801 Prevost l Detroit, MI 48235 l 313.852 – 0500 (voice) 852 – 0508 (fax) l www.detroitk12.org
l Ms. DaRhonda Evans, Principal l
School / Staff / Student / Parent Learning Compact
Effective schools are a result of families and school staff working together to ensure that children are successful in school. A learning compact is an agreement among groups that firmly unites them.
The purpose of this compact is to foster the development of a school-parent relationship to help all children achieve the State’s high academic standards. To this end, the school must address the importance of communication between parents and teachers on a continual basis through such efforts as parent-teacher conferences, frequent reports to parents on their child’s progress, and reasonable access to staff, opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class, and pre-arranged observation of classroom activities, along with participating in our local school community organization, known as the PACSA (Bow Parent Academic Counsel of Student Achievement).
This is an invitation to be involved in a partnership with our school, Warren E. Bow Elementary/Middle School. Together we can achieve so much more!
As a parent/guardian, I want my child to achieve; therefore, I will encourage my child by doing the following:
- See that my child attends school regularly and is on time.
- Support school staff in maintaining proper discipline.
- Set aside a specific time for homework and review it regularly.
- Provide a quiet, well-lighted place for study.
- Encourage my child’s efforts and be available for questions.
- Stay interested in and aware of what my child is learning.
- Read with my child and let my child see me read regularly.
- Communicate with my child’s teacher on a regular basis.
Parent’s /Guardian’s signature: ____________________________________________________ Date: ____________
STUDENT’S NAME: ________________________________________________________________________
As a Student, it is important that I work to the best of my ability; therefore, I will strive to do the following:
- Attend school regularly.
- Be prepared for school each day with completed assignments and supplies.
- Work cooperatively with my classmates.
- Respect myself, my school, and other people.
- Follow rules of student conduct.
Student’s signature: ____________________________________________________ Date: _____________
TEACHER’S/STAFF’S NAME: ______________________________________________________________
As a teacher/staff person, I know that it is important that students achieve, therefore, I will strive to do the following to support student’s learning at Warren E. Bow Elementary/Middle School:
- Provide necessary assistance to parents so that they can help with homework assignments.
- Encourage students and parents by communicating regularly about student progress.
- Contact parents to convey something positive about students.
- Provide high quality instruction in a supportive and non-threatening environment.
- Provide varied learning opportunities for students to enable them to meet academic expectations.
- Hold high expectations for all students, believing that all students can learn.
- Make myself and my classroom accessible to parents, encouraging them to arrange visits to the school, prearrange to observe classes, and speak with various staff members at appropriate times.
Teacher’s/Staff’s signature: _______________________________________________ Date: _____________
PRINCIPAL’S NAME: Ms. DaRhonda Evans
As a Principal, I support this compact for parent involvement; therefore, I will strive to do the following:
- Provide an environment that allows for positive communication between the teacher, parent, and student.
- Encourage teachers to regularly provide homework assignments that will reinforce and enhance classroom instruction.
- Monitor and evaluate all components in the compact to ensure that they are meeting and achieving the identified goals of the Compact.
Principal’s signature: Ms. DaRhonda Evans Date: September 2017
This home/school compact was discussed and reviewed, on the _________day of ________________________, 20_____ during:
________ Parent Teachers Conferences
________ Open House
________ Annual Title 1 Meeting
________ Parent’s Initials:________ Staff’s Initials:_________